Conditions of entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants and/or pursuant to the Major Sporting Events (Crowd Management) Act 2009 (Victoria) please note the following Conditions of Entry in relation to persons’ use and entry to Etihad Stadium (Stadium) which is owned and operated by Melbourne Stadiums Limited (Etihad Stadium).
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any persons.
- Concession patrons must show a valid identification card as proof of eligibility at the ticket box and at the turnstile.
- Management reserves the right to manage patron access to the Stadium via screening equipment/checks.
- Patrons must comply with any request for electronic and/or personal body searching.
- Management reserves the right to inspect any bag and/or articles of clothing for the following prohibited items:
- illegal substances including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
- opened drink containers
- musical instruments
- unauthorised temporary signage and promotional products
- flags/banners with handles exceeding 1.6 metres
- fireworks/flares/laser lights/smoke generators
- firearms, explosives, chemical, radioactive or biological substances
- rollerblades/skates, skateboards, scooters or bicycles
- animals (other than guide/assistance dogs)
- professional cameras, audio recording equipment, video cameras or tripods
- any large item that cannot be placed under a seat
- any other item that in the opinion of management could cause harm or public nuisance
- The carriage and operation of drones (or any such aircraft) is prohibited.
- Umbrellas are permitted inside the Stadium however cannot be opened within the Stadium.
- Prams, pushers, eskies, bags and other belongings are permitted into the Stadium however must be able to fit safely under the patron’s seat without impeding access.
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or from the Stadium.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in designated areas.
- The Stadium is a smoke-free venue – smoking (including the use of e-cigarettes) is not permitted within the venue or in the designated smoke-free areas outside.
- Patrons must occupy the seat specified on their ticket.
- Tickets must be retained at all times.
- Pass outs will not be issued.
- Any tickets that are damaged, defaced or have been purchased from an unauthorised agent will not permit the holder to be admitted to the Stadium.
- The movement of patrons on the Stadium site is subject to monitoring by security cameras. Patrons may be filmed/photographed.
- By entering the Stadium patrons consent to their image, likeness or voice being captured and used as part of any recording of the event or any other purposes.
- Patrons may be liable for prosecution, fined or ejected from the Stadium if they:
- have entered the Stadium and/or the arena without prior authorisation;
- are deemed by management to be displaying disorderly, offensive or unlawful behaviour;
- use foul or abusive language, or make racial or threatening remarks or gestures; or
- fail to comply with any of these Conditions of Entry or requests from Etihad Stadium staff or their representatives.
- No ticket refund will be paid to patrons ejected from the Stadium. If removed, it is an offence to re-enter or attempt to re-enter the venue for a period of 24 hours.
- Patrons under the age of 12 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times within the Stadium.
- Patrons are admitted to the Stadium at their own risk. Etihad Stadium will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property nor for any other loss, damage or injury suffered by any patron, whether in contract, tort or statutory liability to the full extent permitted by law.
- In addition to the above, Etihad Stadium may exercise any rights granted under the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 (Vic) or other legislation or regulations pertaining to the Stadium.
Please note that the above Conditions of Entry may vary between events.
In order to enhance security, to protect the safety of persons at the Stadium and ensure compliance with conditions of use of the Stadium, Etihad Stadium (and its contractors) may operate surveillance equipment within and surrounding the Stadium, including security cameras. By entering the Stadium you consent to information about yourself (including images) being recorded by such surveillance equipment and to Etihad Stadium disclosing the information recorded to anyone (including law enforcement bodies, person involved in relevant legal or disciplinary actions and the governing bodies of organisations holding events at the Stadium) to the extent that Etihad Stadium deems such disclosure to be necessary so as to protect Etihad Stadium’s or those governing bodies’ lawful interests, the public interest or the safety of persons or property at the Stadium.
You have certain rights to access your personal information held by Etihad Stadium and can request access by contacting our Privacy Officer by email to email@example.com or by telephone on (03) 8625 7700.